1. Are you superstitious? Somewhat. A little part of me is always trying to tell the believer in me that they are silly. But the other part of me says...WHAT IF THEY AREN'T
2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition? I know some nameless person who will go 6 blocks out of their way to avoid crossing paths with a black cat.
3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition? I do not believe in walking under ladders or opening unbrellas indoors.
4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual? I believe in luck, in that I believe that some people are just more lucky than others. I happen to fall in the not so lucky category. My SIL and BFM however are two of the luckiest people I know...when it comes to winning radio contests and magazine contests. I do not have a specific routine or anything...but maybe that is why I am not so lucky.
5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not? Not really...but it doesn't stop me from reading my horoscope every saturday.
BADGROOVE has a new home: badgroove.com You should be redirected.
Wednesday, February 11, 2004
An Apple a day...
BFM, like yours truely, has an Apple iBook. She got hers for Christmas 2002...in January her computer was in the shop because the cd-rom drive was bad. Christmas 2003 the logic board goes out...she calls for help to find out that she was out of warranty by four days. FOUR FREAKING DAYS. She is told that maybe the supervisor can do something for her. She waits twenty more minutes on hold only to be told that there is nothing else that can be done. They absolutely can not override the fact that her warranty was up. She could pay to get it fixed...or not...up to her.
She decided on the NOT. She did some research and found out that the logic board replacement would have been costly. Very costly. And that they are a common problem in the iBook. She wrote Apple a letter and told them that she thinks her computer was just a problematic computer from the start...and that she is very disappointed in them...and that they are suppose to have superior service and that for christmas she had received an external DVD burner so she could use her video camera to make dvds of home movies and that she was going to take it back and buy a pc laptop instead (excellent bluff because she went off and bought a mac desktop). She send her letter away to apple and didn't expect to hear anything back from them...especially when she read online that there was a class-action lawsuit against apple for that very problem.
Well...today she got a phone call from apple. They have offered to fix the laptop for free. She is excited. Not because the laptop will be working (although that is a plus) but because the laptop had data (mainly pictures) that she had not backed up before it took a shit on her. They told her that they may have to replace the hard drive on the computer...but for an extra fee (very nominal I might add) they will attempt to recover what is on her current hd. She is estatic about that...because she wants her data back. She can't wait for the box to come from Airborne Express so that she can ship her laptop away.
I still follow BlogMadness because through it I have found some new reads including:
So...moral of the story? Get your rear over to Blogmadness and do some reading...and if you are inclined...do some voting too.
Oh...and by the way...I bought my new digital camera online last night...and 15 minutes later my bank fraud department is calling me to make sure my bank card wasn't stolen. I guess that is a good thing.
This is just crazy. A sea lion is found "crawling" in the middle of the road 65 miles from the ocean. They have two theories. One is someone seaknapped the 300-lb beast and dropped him during transport...or the wiley booger swam up the rivers and channels until he hit Los Banos.
And speaking of Los Banos...doesn't that mean the bathrooms in spanish? Would you want to live in a town called "the bathrooms?" I wouldn't.
Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesses. Likes to criticize. Hardworking and productive. Smart, neat and organized. Sensitive and has deep thoughts. Knows how to make others happy. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Rather reserved. Highly attentive. Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds. Romantic but has difficulties expressing love. Loves children. Loyal. Has great social abilities yet easily jealous. Very Stubborn and money cautious.
Pick your birth month and cross out what doesn't apply to you