So...what do you want to know
You can check out my 100 things about Amy below. If there is something
that isn't there that you want to know you can
I have also finally gotten into the 20th century and have AIM. AIM NAME: badgruv
My ICQ number is 216013015 but I don't use it as much.
100 Things about Amy
Here are 100 things you may not know about me...
Click HERE to go back to badgroove
1. I was born on January 14th…my birthstone is a garnet, my flower is the
carnation and my sign is capricorn.
2. I don’t like garnets or carnations, but I won’t complain if you give me
3. I have known my best friend for over 16 years.
4. My father hails from California. My mother hails from New Jersey.
5. I have one brother. He is younger. He is married.
6. I love to drive. My car is three years old and has 80000+ miles on it.
7. I have a personalize license plate. It is BADGRUV. It use to be BK2RLTY.
8. My first car was a 1990 Chevy Lumina Euro Sedan. It was owned by my parents
who then gave it to me.
9. I was in two car accidents in a three week span. Neither one was my fault.
They were in Feb. 2003 and March 2003.
10. I am single and most of the time I love it.
11. I live on the central coast of California- one block away from fields of
12. I would rather have an apple computer than a windows machine…but can
sufficiently operate both platforms.
13. I am owned by a tri-color beagle…Roxy. She is nearly a year old.
14. Roxy sleeps with me at night, usually on my feet.
15. My favorite ice cream flavor is Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby. Mint Chocolate
Cookie is a close second.
16. I love to get email and snail mail and tend to check them both frequently.
17. My favorite movie is ALMOST FAMOUS.
18. I like to sing (or howl) with the radio when I drive. I get a lot of weird
looks because of this.
19. I love the band Slaughter, still to this day, even though they haven’t
really done anything in three years. Yet I am hopeful.
20. I have seen Slaughter live more times than I can count on both hands…all
over the state of California…and twice in Las Vegas.
21. I dislocated my knee June 2002. I have never experience such pain before
22. I had to go to physical therapy for six weeks because of it.
23. I am horribly nearsighted. So much so they just recently started making
disposable contacts in my prescription.
24. I love to swim, but I don’t tend to do it much.
25. I have hazel eyes.
26. I love to write.
27. I suck at writing poetry.
28. My best friend moved to Las Vegas in June 2003
29. I miss her but it gives me a great excuse to go to Vegas.
30. The last show I saw in Vegas was Jubilee in 2002.
31. I have never seen so many boobs in my life.
32. My favorite computer game is THE SIMS and all the expansion packs…except the
33. I secretly desire to be surprised on an episode of WHILE YOU WERE OUT.
34. Purple is my favorite color and my bedroom decor reflects this.
35. I hate thunder and lightening.
36. I work at a University.
37. I started out as a student helper in the department I work in now in
1995…when I graduated I then temped there until a full time position opened up.
38. Including my jobs as a student helper and a temp…I have held 4 different
positions within the same department.
39. I am deathly afraid of heights, glass elevators (the one at the Paris Casino
in Las Vegas going up to the observation deck of the Eiffel tower made me cry),
flying and spiders.
40. Because of these fears, I cried on the ferris wheel in Disney’s California
Adventure…not full on boohooing but tears streamed outta my eyes anyway…and I
really tried not to…I thought I could handle it…I really did.
41. Despite these fears…I am NOT afraid of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas…I dunno
42. The last time I flew on a plane was three weeks after the September 11th
attack on the twin towers. I already didn’t like fly but I had these tickets and
they were non refundable. The flight was only an hour and ten minutes each way.
43. On the return trip home our flight was over 3 hours late- because of a
security problem on the plane. I wasn’t thrilled.
44. My mom makes the best hamburgers in the world.
45. I love cherry coke but rarely ever drink it.
46. I recently learned to crochet and am currently trying to make my first
blanket-for a pregnant coworker. I hope to have it finished before the baby is
47. My cubicle at work is full of toys…most of them are kids meals toys---yet I
have no kids...doesn't stop me from eating the meals though.
48. My favorite pizza is the Maui Zowie from Round Table (with Polynesian
49. My hair color depends on the season. During the summer I tend to be
blonde. During the fall and winder I tend towards dark
50. I once stood in line for over three hours to get in a lottery to be able to
buy Aerosmith tickets…I ended up being like 36th and got tickets.
51. The Aerosmith show I got tickets for was cancelled…the day of the show…and I
didn’t know about it until I was in the town the show was in…which is nearly two
hours away from my house.
52. I’ve seen Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Cinderella, Poison,
Winger, Henry Rollins, Savatage, Tesla, and others on tour.
53. I would love to see Metallica…but have never had the chance.
54. I have a digital camera (a canon powershot s300) and I love it.
55. I tend to lose the cables for my camera, which sucks. I have three of them
laying around somewhere.
56. I also lost my spare battery but they are very expensive to replace. I am
hoping to find it soon though.
57. I have bad luck owning fish....they always die.
58. My brother and I are closer now then we ever have been in our entire lives.
59. This is a good thing.
60. I have a collection of 18 iomega buttons on display on my cube wall…I only
got a few of them myself…the rest were given to me. My favorite ones say “I’m
freaky like that” , “Single female seeking man with drive” and “My vote was
counted three times, was yours?”
61. I dislike people who ride your ass when driving, especially if you are going
the speed limit.
62. I really really dislike people who flash their lights at me while I am
driving, especially if I am going the speed limit.
63. I am very good at finding things on the web.
64. I will try nearly any food once…discounting gross fear factor type things
like innards of animals.
65. I want to write a book.
66. I have a great idea for the book, no I will not tell you about it…except
that it is non fiction.
67. I tend to be extremely shy.
68. Once you get to know me I am no longer shy.
69. A lot of people mistake my shyness for rudeness, snobbyness or stupidity.
None of these I apply to me.
70. When I was in junior high I scored in the 98th and 99th percentile on the
standardized test for our grade.
71. Because of that I was put into GATE (gifted and talented education) classes.
72. I hated being in GATE and rebelled.
73. I rebelled so hard they made me see the school psychiatrist- more than once.
74. I started blogging on LIVEJOURAL.
75. Then I moved to blogspot…now I use blogspot plus.
76. My cubicle mate and I hoard boxes…because we sell things on half.com.
77. I have a fetish for writing implements…specifically pens and very sharp
78. I do not like mechanical pencils.
79. I love the ocean.
80. When I write I tend to use "…" a lot. I know this is a bad thing…but I can’t
help it sometimes.
81. My mom calls me at work to help her with computer problems. This is ok
because I work at a computer help desk for the university.
82. The first computer I ever worked on the software, was a mac laptop. And I
ended up hosing it so badly that the operating system had to be reinstalled.
83. The first computer I ever set up by myself was a Macintosh 7500.
84. The first computer I ever bought brand new was a Macintosh IMAC SE.
85. I do not know how to change a tire…but I am willing to learn.
86. I love going to Hearst’s Castle in San Simeon. I have been on several of the
87. I have never been out of the country.
88. The only other states I have been in are: Nevada, Oregon and Arizona.
89. I was only in Arizona for a couple of minutes by mistake.
90. I dream of driving across the United States…just because.
91. I love the scent of mint.
92. I can’t draw very well at all, but I wish that I could.
93. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I also have a fear of horses.
94. I have never been stung by a bee…yet (as of 03.27.03).
95. When I was 13 I swear I saw a ghost. It was of a woman and a child holding
hands standing in the middle of the street. I haven’t seen them since..
96. I have a horrible sense of direction. I can get lost in a mall.
97. Once in 1984 or 1985 I was hiking and actually got very lost.
98. It was the only time I ever got Poison Oak.
99. I think I am normal.
100. In junior high physical education class I was tormented by the girl who sat
next to me in roll call. I still loathe her to this day.
Click HERE to go back to badgroove